Wednesday, February 7, 2007

VD

VD is coming up. Valentines Day that is. :) Of the holidays I give a damn about this one is the least important but it still gets to me when I'm without someone. What makes it worse is that it was Frankie's B-day. I used to feel real sorry for her because she'd never go out to eat on her b-day - she said the lines were always too long. I'd call her though & wish her a happy b-day, even on the years when she'd forget or neglect to call me on mine.

So this year will be strange as I won't be making a call I traditionally made. I Imagine I'll hear from Lisa & maybe Maria as they'll be not making their usual calls either.

& now that I think about thinks I've only taken one women out on Valentine's Day - GAvO . I’ve only dated two women on VD; that’d be JD & KS. Neither one cared that much for the day & asked me to not make a big deal of it, which was just as well because I was working anyway (in JD’s case I was out of town).. There were a few I would have taken out on VD, but things just didn't work out. JAG was unavailable last year & this year - that whole not being on speaking terms makes me think she'd decline any offers I made (were I to swallow my pride enough to make an offer). Besides, I assume that she's found someone to date by now, at least on a casual basis.

In other words this year VD will suck - & not in a good way.

No comments: