Saturday, February 4, 2006

Dramatis Personae

These scribblings are not for those who value good prose. They are a peek inside my world & much of it is random venting. If I didn't want an audience I wouldn't have started a blog, but I'm still uncertain whom I'll let view this.

I started this blog in January of 2007 but I've filled it in a few months prior with writing I had done offline. I've back-dated this entry for convenience.

I value my privacy & those of people I'll refer to. Besides, in the southern tradtion kissing & telling isn't cool when the people can be identified. I started these writing for one reason but they've morphed into something else. A lot of it I view as whining but I suppose even I need to whine on occassion. In any case here's the list of folks I may refer to, in alphebetical order:

AO: A friend I met via a chat room. We've met in person & still stay in touch.

AS: An ex-g/f. We dated from 1992 till 1994 on & off.

Carrie: My cousin, daughter of Maria & Steve.

Chris: My cousin, son of Maria & Steve.

CW: One of my oldest friends. we've known each other since we were 10. He's in prison now.

Danny: My ex-stepfather, Frankie's widower.

FB: A manager at work & a decent guy.

Frank: My grandfather. He & Jean raised me. He passed in 1990.

Frankie: My mother. She passed in 2006.

GA: A buddy of mine & a damn fine bass player & singer.

GAvO: My best friend. We met in college & have been close ever since. I loved her back then (& still do) but she never felt any attraction for me. Yet we're still very close, even when we don't talk that often.

GB: A former lover.

Harrington: That'd be me, your not so humble narrator. I'm a mid-30's former guitarist.

JA: A former lover turned friend.

JAG: The lady that is on my mind most often in these writings. She & I were lovers for a while in 2005, then friends/pen pals for a year then we tried to be lovers again in the fall of '06 but it went all to hell. Currently we aren't on speaking terms.

JD: An ex'g/f. We dated from 1996 till 1997. We lived together for close to a year.

Jean: My grandmother, Frank's wife & Frankie's mother. She & Frank raised me. She passed in 1992.

Jennifer: My littlest sister, daughter of Johnny. She was born in 1990.

JG: A former lover turned friend.

Jim: a co-worker & a decent guy.

JL: An ex-g/f. We dated for a few months on & off in 1989.

Johnny: My father.

KP: a buddy of mine.

KS: An ex g/f. We dated each other from 2001 till 2004, then on & off for another year. We lived together from 2002 till 2004.

KZ: A friend I met via a chat room. We stay in touch intermittently & at times are close.

Lisa: My little sister, daughter of Frankie & Johnny.

Maria: My aunt, daughter of Jean & Frank, sister of Frankie.

MB: A friend I met through a forum. I've been at his house & he & his family are always too gracious.

Pam: Lisa's girlfriend.

SD: A very close friend. We met in 1987 & have been friends ever since, though strictly in the platonic sense.

Steve: My uncle, husband of Maria.

Tric: My older sister, daughter of Johnny.

VA: An ex-g/f. We dated for a few months in 2001. We lived together for 2 months while we were dating.

WB: A friend of mine from our teenage years.

No comments: