Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Tunes

It's tricky to listen to music. When I'm doing a post I'll have the one song I'm focusing on playing over & over again. Other than that I've been avoiding tunes. At work I try to keep the radio turned down. In the car I had it on the "all Christmas all the time" station. For some reason the X-mas tunes were fairly harmless. But now the station has reverted back to its pre-X-mas format. At least I have the week off from work to get used to not having the X-mas station to rely on (I usually take the first week of January off whether I need to or not).

I love music. I'm constantly in & out of love with it but I love it. But I just can't deal with listening to it for some reason. Maybe it was always some sort of emotional crutch for me & I just don't want to lean on it right now. Or maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age.

There are a very few people out of a few million who don't dig music at all. An even smaller number gets some sort of discomfort from it. The rest of folks like it to some degree or another. I made my life of it for a very long time, so it's kind of ironic that now I'm denying that to myself.

I'll snap out of it at some point. I love music too much to abandon it forever. But for now the tunes are at a minimum around the house & car.

No comments: