Friday, January 26, 2007

Strippers

My buddy KP & his wife hired a dancer for their son's 18th b-day party a few weeks back. I was over there because we have some projects we're working on together in his garage. The young lady came in & hung out for a bit before they were ready for her downstairs. I talked to her & she seemed cool. She told me she was close to hanging up her g-strong - just a few more student loan payments to make.

I've been around dancers most of my life. It sort of went hand in hand with that musician thing. I never dated a practicing dancer but I've been friends with more than a few. They make good cash but I do feel a bit of pity for them as they see a very fucked up side of men which in my experience has altered their judgment of the rest of us. But some of the sweetest biggest hearted folks I ever hung out with were strippers.

Anyway they (KP & his wife) urged me to come down to see the look of surprise on the kid's face. So I wandered downstairs & watched for a minute or two. The lady was attractive - I noticed that when we were chatting up in the garage. The kid was surprised & his friends were acting like 18 year old boys do when they see a pretty dancer. & all that was cool.

But then she took off her shirt.

I've seen a few naked women in my life & I've never been shy. but she had a tattoo across her back. Not that I have anything against tats (I just never wanted one for myself) but it caused a flashback. JAG has a tat on her back. A fairly big one. & one on her neck, & arm, & stomach & on each calf.

So I went back upstairs & started working on the project again. It wasn't like I was going to go home with her even if I tried. I just didn't feel cool about seeing a pretty young lady with a tat on her back stripping for someone else. & I know it was because I kept thinking of JAG. KP asked me why I didn't stick around & I told him some bullshit so he wouldn’t take offense. I don't like whining to folks about stupid things I'm going through (this blog notwithstanding).

I really pick fucked up things to get sentimental about.

No comments: