Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I'll Wait

Old Van Halen. Love 'em, hate 'em but they were an influential part of the music biz & still are to some extent. "I'll Wait" wasn't there biggest hit or most artful tune but it has a charm about it, at least to me. Here's a vid of Van Halen doing the tune live.

"You've got me captured I'm under your spell
I guess I'll never learn
I have your pictureYes I know it well
Another page is turned
Are you for real?It's so hard to tell
From just a magazine
Yeah, you just smile and the picture sells
Look what that does to me
I'll wait'Til your love comes down
I'm coming straight for your heart
No wayYou can stop me now
As fine as you are"


You can kinda figure it out for yourself. The part that has relevance today is the next verse:

"I wrote a letter And told her these words
That meant a lot to me
I never sent it She wouldn't have heard
Her eyes don't follow me"


That's why you're reading this.

When something is on my mind I write about it. Those of you that know me well know I can be a bit verbose. Okay "wordy bastard", "long winded sucker" & "fool that run his mouth too damn much" are more likely how you'd describe it.

When I was in my early 20's I had an interesting relationship. Interesting in the "I wonder how many years of therapy it will take him to pretend to be normal again?" sense. The girl had serious drama - monolithic radiated stripper drama to the power of wtf?!? - & I was too young to know that I should have just ran screaming into the night. Or day. Or dusk even. My friends got tired of hearing me talk about her while I was trying to figure her out so I took to writing. I forget how many notebooks I had filled in an utterly vain attempt to rationalize or even understand her behavior. I got over the situation & over her (though being the sucker I am I still care for her) but the habit stuck.

& it's not just about relationships though that's primarily what I write about here. On my other blog it's mainly politics & law. In the past I've posted on forums dealing with a few different subjects (though mainly guns) & in my first years on the internet I hung out in chat rooms (Star Wars chat rooms mind ya) & argued damn near anything. I'm the over-analytical sort & if something is on my mind & I have the time I end up writing about it.

Course for years I simply didn't have an outlet for it but now thanks to the ease of the internet you get to find out the true meaning of "not brief".

Most of the things I write on here are personal or personal in origin, though not necessarily something I've just started to ponder. & it may or may not be relevant to anything going on in my life at the moment. Just to be clear if I do ever write anything that has bearing on anything in my personal life I will do it in such a way that any other parties cannot be identified. The way I was raised a man kept his mouth shut about anything that could cause embarrassment to anyone he knew, especially ladies. I just wish that applied to "myself".

Usually though the things most relevant to any situation I'm going through I write about extensively & just never do anything with it. Sometimes it does me more good just to jot things down than it would to actually send them to anyone else, or publish them. It's not the cheapest therapy I know of but it's the most convenient. Besides it keeps me from boring anyone to death through long ass essays on the deeper meaning of Llama fetishes, or whether "I love Ewe' on a card means someone just likes me for my livestock..

But I write. Badly at times. & too damn much. Hell I'm damn near 35 years old & still typing to myself.

No comments: