Saturday, October 7, 2006

Wishes

A Jon Butcher tune. If you've never heard it then go to my friends list & check out Jon Butcher's MySpace page. Wishes is on his player.

It's a cute little psuedo R&B tune with hints of Hendrix throughout the guitar work but for some reason I always dug it (though I'm not a big fan of Hendrix's playing - I dug how he wrote but wasn't crazy about his playing). & Butcher's voice is nice which is always a plus.

The lyrics hold a simple premise - dreaming is cool but it shouldn't negate action.

I don't have time for an in depth discussion of the music or melody or guitar work or lyrics or the deeper meaning of life or the best laid plans of mice. I just stumbled onto the song & then Butcher's MySpace page & I'm just groovin on it. When it first came out I was a young guitarist & really dug the sound & the playing & was just generally fond of the tune. But I haven't heard it in years till last night. Now you can check it out too & hopefully see why I dig it.

No comments: