Monday, May 14, 2007

Unhelpful Questions

I had a delivery tonight to a lady who - well, we all know the type. She meant well I assume in her own way but it'd have been cooler if she'd have just kept quiet. As she was digging around for the money (cause no one ever has the money ready when they hear me knock) she glanced my way & asked, "Have you called your mother yet? It's Mother's Day ya know...".

At first I just stared at her, fighting the urge to tell her that it was none of her fucking business, but I realized she meant no harm (those that cause harm seldom do) so I quietly said, "She passed away". The lady murmured a real quick "I'm sorry" then didn't say too much for the rest of the transaction, which was mercifully quick.

Frankie died 362 days ago. We never had the best relationship but I do miss her. I hope Lisa got through today okay, as they were a bit closer.

No comments: